The residents who visited the main battle area of Marawi on Thursday underwent strict inspection by the Joint Task Force Ranao (JTFR).
The military inspected the vehicles and names of the passengers to ensure that no criminal can enter.
Sanya Macondanar couldn’t help shedding tears after seeing the current state of her home.
She and her husband’s main source of income before the battle was selling rice and dried fish. They are now hoping to have even a small capital to start another business.
“Nainis ako syempre sa may gawa diyan. Galit ako sa kanila wala kami trabaho. Wala kami tinda,” said Macondanar.
(I’m mad of course. I’m mad at them. We no longer have work and income.)
Jomilaida Abbubakar was both angry and regretful to see their new home burnt down.
They were supposed to transfer to the said house on May 22 last year, a day before the siege.
Jomilaida said they lost almost P5-million worth of properties.
Ranao deputy commander Col. Romeo Brawner Jr. said they want to give the residents a chance to see their homes, that’s why they allowed them to enter the main battle area although it’s not yet 100-percent safe from improvised explosive devices (IED).
“Gusto nila irecover yung mga pwede nilang kunin katulad ng documents naimportante, land titles,” said the deputy commander.
(They want to recover whatever they can recover, like documents, land titles.)
Despite this, the residents still hope the same thing — to return to their homes and start new lives. — Victor Cosare | UNTV News & Rescue
The post Marawi victims visiting main battle area express sadness, anger appeared first on UNTV News.