Will Bongbong reach out to Leni? Spox says, “Willing kami”

Will leading presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. reach out to his closest rival, Vice President Leni Robredo?

Marcos’ spokesperson, Atty. Vic Rodriguez, said their camp is willing to talk to other camps regardless of their political beliefs. He explained that Marcos had already said he would consider other personalities to work under his government even if they have other political beliefs.

“Willing kami kausapin at makipag-usap sa lahat ng tao regardless of their political color, race, or belief. Sinabi na ‘yan ni president-elect Bongbong, sasabihin ko ulit, while we were under expressed guidance from him not to look beyond May 9, yesterday was totally different,” Rodriguez told ANC.

(We are willing to talk to other camps regardless of their political color, race, or belief. President-elect Bongbong Marcos already said that and, I will say again, while we were under expressed guidance from him not to look beyond May 9, yesterday was totally different.)

“Wala akong pakialam kung nakalaban natin o kinalaban tayo, nagsalita o nakapagsalita nang masakit… subalit kung handang maglingkod at importante may respeto sa Saligang Batas, kinikilala ‘yung ating watawat at hindi nananawagan ng pagpapabagsak ng gobyerno, maaaring ikonsidera at ituloy ‘yung ating panawagan ng pagkakaisa,” he added.

(I don’t care if they are our opponents or they speak ill of us, if they are willing to serve, if they respect our Constitution, and if they are not planning to overthrow the government, we can consider and continue our call for unity.)

Robredo has not conceded yet in the presidential race despite Marcos’ lead in the partial and unofficial results of Eleksyon 2022. Rodriguez said Robredo should not be asked to concede amid the results of the elections.

“Alam mo ‘yung pagko-concede, hindi ini-impose ‘yan, hindi hinihingi ‘yan… ‘yan ay kusang ibinibigay noong taong magko-concede (Conceding should not be asked. It must be given freely). So whether she concede or not, the numbers are there, we’re looking at the same transparency server, it’s 31 million Filipinos more or less and for those who are protesting, please stop pushing for your agenda of hostility among Filipinos,” Rodriguez said.

“Hindi ho tayo magkakaaway, huwag po ninyo pag-awayin ang mga Pilipino, uulitin ko, nasa gitna tayo ng pandemya, sumailalim si president-elect Bongbong Marcos at vice president-elect Inday Sara Duterte sa kaparehas na demokratikong prosesong pinagdaanan ng napili ninyong kandidato,” she added.

(We are not enemies here. Let us not cause division among Filipinos. Marcos and Duterte went through the same democratic process undergone by your chosen candidates.)

GMA News Online reached out to Robredo’s camp for comment on the remarks of Rodriguez.

Respect the poll results

Rodriguez further called on Filipinos to respect the result of the polls.

“Thirty-one million Filipinos have spoken, respetuhin po natin ang naging pahayag at napili ng higit sa mayorya ng ating sambayanan. Respetuhin po natin ang ating watawat, respetuhin po natin at kilalanin ang Saligang Batas,” he said.

(Let us respect the votes of the majority of Filipinos. Let us respect our Philippine flag, our Constitution.)

This appeal was made amid calls for academic walkout in some schools over Marcos’ impending presidency. With regards to this, Rodriguez said their camp would just let them hold protests, however, he said they are doing injustice to the efforts of their parents because of their rallies.

“Hahayaan namin sila, Karapatan nilang magprotesta pero maawa naman kayo sa inyong mga magulang na nagsusumikap araw-araw, nagtratrabaho, nagpupuyat, ‘yung iba ho siguro sa magulang ng batang ‘yan ay nagtratrabaho, migrate pa, overseas Filipino workers, eh hindi po ninyo, you’re not doing justice to the hard work and effort of your parents,” Rodriguez said.

(We will let them, it’s their right to protest but you should be considerate to your parents who work hard everyday. Some of the parents might be overseas Filipino workers… you’re not doing justice to the hard work and effort of your parents.)

“Nagrarally kayo, para ano? You’re resisting what? A Marcos-Duterte? Binoto ho sila ng taumbayan, kagaya ninyo kung bumoto man kayo, bumoto din ‘yung 31 million Filipinos. Why can’t you respect that?” he added.

(You’re protesting what? The public voted for them, just like you, if you voted for others, the 31 million Filipinos voted for Marcos-Duterte as well.)

Marcos’ spokesperson said their camp would continue to extend hands of unity to those who are planning to join the academic walkout.

He also said Marcos should be given a chance to prove himself before holding these protests.

“It is not fair for everyone, for the great majority of the Filipino people for this very, very small segment of the society to be disruptive of our daily lives,” Rodriguez said.

Duterte 2.0?

Rodriguez was also asked if there would be an absolute continuity of the Duterte administration in the Marcos term.

He was asked if Marcos will be similar to President Rodrigo Duterte.

“Last May 9, 2022, last Monday, the Filipino people, 31 million of us, voted for Bongbong Marcos so he will have his own government, he will have his own governance and he is his own man,” Rodriguez said.

He reiterated that Marcos would only continue Duterte’s good programs including the Build, Build, Build project to improve the country’s infrastructure.

“President-elect Bongbong Marcos will continue lahat ng magagandang programa ni Pangulong Duterte, specifically the Build, Build, Build. In fact, he has been very vocal about this to include the digital infrastructure in the blueprint of the Build, Build, Build,” he added.–AOL, GMA News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: