Task Force vs. COVID-19 alarmed over public’s excitement with looser quarantine restrictions

The excitement of the public with the start of looser quarantine restrictions on Saturday alarmed the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19, its spokesperson said on Sunday.

Interviewed on Dobol B sa News TV, NTF Against COVID-19 spokesperson retired General Restituto Padilla reminded the public to maintain caution against possible transmission of the virus.

“Nababahala po ang NTF sa nangyari kahapon. Naging excited po ang ating mga kababayan. Ito po ay siguro ay kakulangan sa ganap na pagkaintindi sa sakit na nangyayari ngayon,” Padilla said.

“Kami po ay humihiling sa sambayanan na huminahon po tayo. Huwag tayong ma-excite,” he added.

Heavy traffic was observed in parts of Metro Manila and Luzon on Saturday as qurantine rules were relaxed.

EDSA-Balintawak going to the North Luzon Expressway was also gridlocked on Saturday as motorists hoped to travel to the provinces. However those on non-essential travel and had no travel pass or rapid pass were advised to turn back.

Metro Manila, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga including Angeles City, Zambales and Laguna—areas previously under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) shifted to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) on Saturday. Cebu City and Mandaue City were placed under ECQ while the rest of the country was put under general community quarantine (GCQ), which implement more relaxed restrictions.

The World Health Organization earlier warned that a hasty lifting of restrictions imposed to control the COVID-19 pandemic could lead to a fatal resurgence of the new COVID-19 cases. —Joviland Rita/KG, GMA News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: