Robredo undergoes quarantine after exposure to positive COVID-19 case

Vice President Leni Robredo has undergone quarantine starting Tuesday after an individual from her office tested positive for COVID-19.

“While we have been religiously following health protocols, I was a very close contact. I started my quarantine yesterday after she developed symptoms,” Robredo said in a Facebook post.

Robredo said the staff was confirmed positive on Wednesday.

“Because of this, I need to continue with my quarantine,” she added.

Robredo said she will take an RT-PCR test on Monday, the 7th day after her exposure.

“Unfortunately, I need to have myself excused in the activities I have committed myself to. Apologies to everyone who may be affected by this. I will continue to work from home during the entire period,” she said.

The Office of the Vice President’s Vaccine Express project was recently rolled out in Pasig to inoculate the most vulnerable and indigent population in the city.

Robredo had previously undergone quarantine on April 17 and August 1.

The Philippines has logged a total of 1,869,691 confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 1,709,724 have recovered and 32,264 have died. — RSJ, GMA News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: