Efforts to locate a Filipina who went missing after the Grenfell Tower in London was razed remained unsuccessful, Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said Friday.
“We still have a person missing, and so far efforts of the embassy to locate her has not been successful,” Cayetano told reporters.
Philippines embassy officials have scoured several evacuation centers and hospitals in the area but did not find her.
Cayetano said one Filipino taken to a hospital is in serious condition. Most of the 13 Filipino fire victims have already been treated.
The Philippine embassy in London admitted that it was unable to come up with an accurate number of Filipinos affected and confined in hospitals.
It called on Filipinos affected by the fire to make themselves known so that they could channel the efforts of both the embassy and the Filipino communities in the United Kingdom (UK) towards delivering the assistance they need.