Coronavirus cases in the Philippines reached 412,097 on Wednesday, after the Department of Health announced that 1,383 more fell ill with the disease.
The latest count excludes data from 17 testing laboratories which failed to submit their reports on time, the DOH said.
The case report showed that provinces in Calabarzon accounted for four of the top five contributing areas in terms of new cases. Cavite ranked first with 81 more infected residents, followed by Laguna with 74, Batangas with 71, Quezon City with 69, and Rizal with 67.
The death toll also surged to 7,957 with 95 more fatalities confirmed by DOH. This came after the country recorded no more than 50 deaths in a single day for over a week.
Meanwhile, 143 more survivors were logged, with the recovery count now at 374,666.
The latest figures pushed the tally of active cases or currently ill patients to 29,474, representing 7.2 percent of the total infected.
After final validation, the DOH also said it reclassified as deaths 18 cases previously reported as recoveries and removed four duplicates from the overall tally.
In a separate report, the Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed three more Filipinos residing abroad were infected with the virus. Another person also recovered, while one more died. The total reported cases for overseas Filipinos now stand at 11,545, which include 7,468 recoveries and 833 fatalities.
Worldwide, over 1.3 million people have lost their lives to COVID-19 out of 55.6 million infected, based on data from the Johns Hopkins University. Meanwhile, the global recovery count has topped 35.7 million.