DOH requests one more week to reevaluate face shield use

The Department of Health (DOH) has requested another week to re-evaluate the mandatory use of face shields in public, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said Friday.

“Pinag-usapan din po kahapon sa IATF at nag-manifest po ang Department of Health na bigyan pa kami ng isang linggo para patuloy na pag-aralan,” Vergeire said during the briefing of presidential spokesperson Harry Roque.

(This was discussed during the IATF meeting and the DOH asked that it be given another week to study this.)

Vergeire said the Philippine COVID-19 Living Clinical Practice (living CPG) group is reevaluating existing evidence before releasing its recommendations.

“So ngayon po nirere-evaluate nila lahat ng existing evidence at pag lumabas na po ito magkakaroon na po tayo ng appropriate recommendations for the face shields,” she said

(They’re reevaluating existing evidence and once this is complete, they will have an appropriate recommendation for face shields)

The 3C framework mandates that the public must wear face shields in closed spaces, crowded areas, and close-contact settings.

Malacanang previously that a number of members of the Inter-Agency Task Force are in favor of ditching the mandatory use of face shields when indoors due to the lower number of COVID-19 cases.

Vergeire said the DOH also supports the dropping of face shields in low-risk areas.

“Pero definitely, the Department of Health supports naman po itong pag-ease ng protection katulad ng mga face shield dito po sa mababa ang transmission,” she said.

(But, definitely, the Department of Health supports relaxing the policy on the use of face shields in areas with low risk of transmission.)–AOL, GMA News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: