COVID-19 hits 3,176 more people in PH pushing total count to 245,513
By: Katrina Hallare – Reporter / @KHallareINQ
The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday reported 3,176 additional infections of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19), driving the nationwide tally of confirmed cases to 245,513.
The DOH also said that it recorded 376 more recoveries and 70 more fatalities, bringing total recoveries to 185,543, and the death toll to 3,986.
According to the health agency’s update, 55,614 of the country’s sum COVID-19 cases were tagged as “active”. It also said that Metro Manila continues to have the most number of new cases with 1,327, followed by Batangas with 260, Laguna with 193, Rizal with 176, and Negros Occidental with 155.
Moreover, DOH adjusted its data anew as it discovered and removed 20 duplicates from the total nationwide case count, including nine that were previously logged as recovered cases.
DOH also said that it revised its tally for confirmed recoveries and fatalities because two cases that were counted as recoveries were later validated as death cases.