The country’s COVID-19 case tally reached 514,996 on Monday, after 1,581 more people nationwide contracted the disease.
The Department of Health said that active cases stand at 29,282 or 5.7% of the total infected.
Leading the areas with the highest number of new infections is Quezon City with 89, followed by Cebu City with 88, Cavite with 80, Davao City with 78, and Cebu province with 50.
The death toll also struck 10,292 with 50 more fatalities recorded, including one previously reported as a recovery. Meanwhile, 13 more patients got well, which brought the total survivors to 475,422.
Four testing laboratories failed to submit their results on time and were not yet included in the updated figures, the department said.
It added that after final validation, it removed from the overall tally 14 duplicates, as well as 190 cases found to have tested negative, including 189 which were added to the recovery count.
To date, the country has recorded 17 cases of the new and more transmissible COVID-19 variant that first emerged in the United Kingdom.
Of these, 12 are residents of Bontoc in Mountain province, three of whom are minors. Health Department spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire said they have located 144 close contacts of these 12 cases, and 34 people so far tested positive for COVID-19. Authorities said they have yet to ascertain if the 34 were also infected with the new variant.
Among Filipinos abroad, 49 new infections and eight more survivors were recorded by the Department of Foreign Affairs. These brought the case tally to 13,828 and the total recoveries to 8,828. Fatalities stayed at 945 for the third consecutive day.
Globally, over 99.2 million people have been infected, according to data from the Johns Hopkins University. More than 2.1 million of this number died, while 54.7 million were able to recover.