As of 3:00 a.m. on Saturday (September 15) power lines have been shut down in the entire city due to Typhoon Ompong.
The major tourist area in Baguio, the Burnham Park, is now submerged in knee-deep floodwater since rains began to pour on Friday.
Paddlers of rowboats for hire in the park’s famous man-made Burnham Lagoon anticipated the rise of the water so they were able to secure their rowboats to safety.
Meanwhile, six major roads in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) remain closed to motorists amid the typhoon.
- Kennon Road in Baguio City
- Abra – Ilocos Norte Road
- Bagtangan- Gambang Bakun Road
- Junction Talubin-Barlig-Natonin-Paracelis-Calaccad Road
- Tabuk-Banaue Road Via Tanudan Barlig Road
- Bacarri – Paracelis
– Marje Pelayo (with reports from Grace Doctolero)
The post Burnham Park flooded; power lines cut in Baguio City appeared first on UNTV News.