Seven areas remain under general community quarantine, while the rest of the country is now placed under the less strict modified general community quarantine from November 1 to 30.
COVID-19 Task Force Spokesperson Harry Roque said Friday the local governments of Metro Manila, Batangas province, Iloilo City, Bacolod City, Tacloban City, Iligan City, and Lanao del Sur have agreed to keep their areas’ GCQ status in accordance with President Rodrigo Duterte’s recent announcement.
The quarantine classifications announced by Duterte were previously up for appeal by local governments.
Roque also told the Laging Handa briefing that the rest of the country will now be under MGCQ, which has the least of amount of restrictions.
The Philippines has recorded a total of 376, 935 COVID-19 cases, including 7,147 fatalities, and 329,848 recoveries.